Facebook By News Highland – October 13, 2017 A motorist has been arrested for drug driving in Ballybofey. Gardai stopped the vehicle in the town last night after it was noticed that the motorist was driving erratically.It’s understood that following a drug test, the motorist in question tested positive for cocaine.Court proceedings are to follow. Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Twitter WhatsApp Pinterest Google+ Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic WhatsApp Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Gardai arrest motorist for drug driving in Ballybofey Previous articleRedesigning bridge in Kerrykeel could be key for flood preventionNext articleDonegal to visit Kerry in 2018 league opener News Highland Pinterest Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Homepage BannerNews Google+ Community Enhancement Programme open for applications
Arteta confirmed the news (Picture: MB Media/Getty)Arteta confirmed the news and revealed that Aubameyang – the joint second-top goalscorer in the Premier League on 14 goals – had been ‘very disappointed’ after knowing he faced a three-match suspension, while calling on those stepping in for the banned striker to prove their worth.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘It’s been confirmed he will be suspended for three matches,’ he said. ‘It’s a big shame because we know his intentions but we have to accept it.‘He was very disappointed after the game. He’s been superb under me, working hard, scoring goals and he’s probably been our most important player.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘I hope we can play better and win the games. Players have to step up.‘It’s time to talk on the pitch and if they show they’re as good or better than him, they have a chance.’Will Arsenal beat Sheffield United?Yes0%No0%Share your resultsShare your resultsTweet your results Comment Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 15 Jan 2020 3:26 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link842Shares Aubameyang will miss three games (Picture: MB Media/Getty)Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s appeal for his red card against Crystal Palace has been rejected, leaving Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta without his star striker for three matches.The club’s top goalscorer lunged in on Max Meyer during the 1-1 draw at Selhurst Park and was initially yellow carded, only for VAR to overturn the decision and send him for an early shower.Arsenal appealed the decision after the match, hoping to get his ban reduced but he will now miss clashes against Sheffield United, Chelsea and Bournemouth in the FA Cup, returning in February against Burnley. Mikel Arteta reveals how Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has reacted to suspension Advertisement Advertisement
Schmidt’s men might be favourites in theory, but the former Leinster coach warned against ruling out Les Bleus. Former New Zealand schoolteacher Schmidt is also adamant France’s patchy 19-17 victory in Scotland last weekend will not hinder their performance on home soil. The ex-Clermont backs coach admitted Ireland must beware the typical Gallic l’esprit de clocher – the ‘clock tower spirit’ – that underpins the French dominance at home. “It’s a bit trite, this is our patch this is what we defend: they take immense pride in that,” said Schmidt. “Often when a player is fatigued they will mentally just switch off a little bit. “But it’s a lot less likely to happen when you’re on your home patch. “They dig a little bit deeper to make sure you do what’s required of you. “There’s more of an edge, because you just can’t afford to lose at home. “A lot of people have overlooked the fact they have an outside chance to win it.” Head coach Schmidt believes Ireland’s veteran centre pairing will face a culture clash with France’s wrecking ball crew, led by Toulon beefcake Mathieu Bastareaud. Iconic centre O’Driscoll will make his 141st and final Test appearance at the Stade de France on Saturday as Ireland chase their first Six Nations title since the 2009 Grand Slam. Press Association O’Driscoll and D’Arcy will extend their world-record international centre partnership to 56 caps, with Schmidt already labelling the wily duo the “last bastion” of creative midfield play. The Ireland boss has challenged his seasoned campaigners to deny 25-year-old Bastareaud and friends lethal offloads out of the tackle this weekend. “I’m not sure that Bastareaud ever gets taken in the first tackle, he breaks those tackles,” Schmidt said. “Gael Fickou, Bastareaud, Remi Tales, they are all massive offload threats. “If you don’t wrap them up, you can be chasing the next guy who has run a good line off the offload and the game turns around very quickly. “France just have pace and the ability to accelerate into space very quickly, they are all looking to do it at any stage, and they anticipate any break that comes loose. “They will seize any opportunity, when they chance their arm they have some of those athletes with the skills to make something happen.” Ireland, France and England can all still claim the Six Nations title heading into the final weekend. Brian O’Driscoll and Gordon D’Arcy must dominate the generation game to guide Ireland to RBS 6 Nations glory in Paris, according to Joe Schmidt.
Facebook Twitter Google+ Syracuse University football player Delone Carter was charged with misdemeanor assault in connection with a physical altercation he had with an SU student on Feb. 27, said Deputy Chief Joe Cecile of the Syracuse Police Department.The charge was levied Wednesday after Carter and teammate Ryan Gillum were questioned by detectives regarding the matter, Cecile said. Gillum was not charged in the incident.The altercation happened on the 300 block of Waverly Avenue at roughly 1 a.m., Cecile said. A vehicle containing Carter and Gillum was struck by a snowball, and the SU running back responded by confronting a group of students nearby in front of Kimmel Hall.Cecile said he did not believe the students Carter confronted were the ones who threw the snowball at the vehicle.“A snowball was thrown at the vehicle, they came back to the scene, got out, there was a verbal confrontation between them and two other males — neither of which threw the snowball — and at some point Mr. Carter threw a punch at one of the other individuals,” Cecile said.Carter, Syracuse’s leading rusher and slated starter, struck SU student William Hotaling, Cecile said. Hotaling, a junior in the Martin J. Whitman School of Management, fell to the ground and hit his head, Cecile said. He was later treated for facial injuries.Hotaling declined to comment on the incident. “At this time I can’t really make any comments,” he said, “but as the facts come to light they’ll speak for themselves on the events of that night.”Cecile did not confirm the driver of the vehicle Carter was in, nor did he confirm when Carter is slated to appear in court. Calls to the Onondaga County District Attorney’s Office were not returned.Michael Vavonese, Gillum’s lawyer, said he is upset with the way police handled the investigation and questioning of his client. Vavonese said he told police he did not want them questioning his client, as he prefers police work with his client through him.Vavonese would not elaborate on his concern on how police handled the case. He stressed Gillum was not charged with or a suspect in the assault.“My client has never been charged with anything and has done nothing wrong,” Vavonese said.George Raus, Carter’s lawyer, said he believes Carter and Gillum’s civil rights were violated by the way police handled the matter.He said it is his understanding that Syracuse police detectives approached Carter and Gillum in the middle of Wednesday’s football practice and handcuffed them in front of their teammates without arresting them.“They carted them off to jail knowing they had attorneys and didn’t contact the attorneys,” Raus said. “It’s an obstruction of civil rights, and whoever that detective is should be fired.”Raus said he believes the approach was used as a form of intimidation and that he would not be surprised if it was used to get Gillum to implicate Carter in the assault.Raus was not contacted by police to be told they had his client until 10 p.m., approximately seven hours after Carter and Gillum were taken in, at which point Raus expressed his anger and was hung up on, he said. Carter and Gillum would not have needed to explicitly request their lawyers to the police for the lawyers to be contacted, Raus said, as the police already knew they were being represented and were told not to question them without a lawyer.Raus plans to pursue repercussions for the police but has not yet decided an appropriate place or form, he said.Raus could not provide any more information as he said he has not met with his client since the incident and has not reviewed police reports. He said he believes Carter’s court date is in May but did not know the exact date.Carter and Gillum did not participate in Syracuse’s Spring Game, which took place Saturday at the Carrier Dome.SU head coach Doug Marrone said the two have been suspended for the spring — which ended Saturday — but will not give out any further information.“I just want everyone to know that I’ve been consistent in the past of not divulging anything for the team violations,” Marrone said. “They’ve just been suspended for that. As of right now, they have just been suspended for the spring.” Comments Published on April 18, 2010 at 12:00 pm