MAYVILLE – The Chautauqua County’s Sheriff says 41 vehicle stops, arrest and summonses were issued part of the county’s STOP-DWI program on the Fourth of July.Sheriff Jim Quattrone in a media released Thursday says his office worked with municipal law enforcement agencies and the New York State Police during the effort.The Chautauqua County STOP-DWI Program is funded by drinking and driving fines collected from convicted drunk drivers; with additional funding from the Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee.“Removing intoxicated drivers from Chautauqua County roadways is one of our top priorities,” said Quattrone in a statement. “If you choose to drink, don’t drive. Drunk drivers not only put themselves in danger, they threaten everyone who shares the road with them.” The program went from Friday, July 3, and continued through Monday, July 6. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A Brentwood man has been accused of locking a his former roommate in a room of a Water Mill home and setting his bed on fire over the summer.Southampton Town Police said Kehare Hawkins filled a shampoo bottle with a flamable liquid and lit on fire using some bandage wrappings at the house on Montauk Highway on the night of Aug. 10, 2012.The 21-year-old suspect, who used to live in the house, “set a fire underneath his own bed, left the room, but then locked his roommate in the bedroom with the fire” following an argument with the victim, police said in a news release.The victim was not injured, but the fire spread to the carpeting.Hawkins was charged with arson. His bail was set at $25,000.Police said he is not a suspect in other open arson investigations on the East End.
Luiz has not solved all their problems, as pundits have continued to criticise their functionality at the back. In part due to those issues, Arsenal have the second-worst goal difference in the top half of the Premier League. read also:Man City register interest in Arsenal, Barcelona target Upamecano Upamecano has made 33 appearances in all competitions for Leipzig this season, all of which were starts. He was sent off in his most recent match, against Paderborn. If Arsenal really have found an agreement for Upamecano, it would mark a change of plan after recent claims. His agent had suggested that the Frenchman may be too expensive to move this summer. “I don’t believe in large transfers this summer and I think Upamecano is a player who will demand a large fee,” Volker Struth told ‘Doppelpass’ on Sport 1 last month (via Goal). The France Under-21 international has been at Leipzig for three-and-a-half years, after moving from sister club RB Salzburg. European giants Bayern Munich and Barcelona have also reportedly been watching his progress. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Upamecano has been linked with Arsenal for a long time, having established himself as one of Europe’s most promising defenders. The centre-back is out of contract next summer, and Leipzig are eager to ensure they receive a transfer fee for him. Upamecano has a €60m release clause that will be valid this summer, and AC Milan had been interested in him. However, Tuttosport claim that the Italian side – who were struggling to afford that sum – have been told Upamecano is heading to Arsenal instead. According to the report, Arsenal have “snatched an agreement” with RB Leipzig to sign the 21-year-old. If true, it would be a major coup for the Gunners, who have struggled defensively in recent years. Arsenal are not the only Premier League side interested in Upamecano, as Manchester United have also been monitoring him. However, the Gunners have been linked more regularly, and they now could be closing in on a major deal. Arsenal signed David Luiz from Chelsea last summer in an effort to shore up their defence. A move for Upamecano, though, would be a longer-term solution. Loading… RB Leipzig defender, Dayot Upamecano, has decided to join Arsenal this summer, according to claims from Italian newspaper Tuttosport. Promoted ContentWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Awesome But Ridiculously Expensive Things Bought By Keanu Reeves10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoTop Tastiest Foods From All Over The World7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?Playing Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny
highlights New Delhi: Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal’s return to the court was shortlived as she crashed out in the second round of Thailand Open after being stunned by unseeded Sayaka Takahashi of Japan in the women’s singles event here on Thursday. Seventh seed Saina, who returned to action after nearly two months, squandered a game advantage to lose 21-16 11-21 14-21 against Takahashi in second round duel that lasted 48 minutes.In the absence of PV Sindhu, who withdrew in the last minute from the event, Saina’s ouster marks the end of India’s campaign in the women’s singles.Saina had earlier made last-minute withdrawals from Indonesia Open and last week’s Japan Open because of injuries.However, it was good news for India in the men’s doubles event as the pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty moved into the quarterfinals after registering a straight-game 21-17 21-19 win over Indonesian combination of Fajar Alfian and Muhammad Rian Ardianto. The India duo will next play qualifiers Choi Solgyu and Seo Seung Jae of Korea on Friday.Meanwhile, PV Sindhu and Saina Nehwal were static at fifth and eighth spots respectively in the recently released Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings. While both Sindhu and Saina held on to their places in the women’s singles rankings, Mugdha Agrey and Rituparna Das climbed up six and one spot, respectively, to be placed at 62nd and 65th positions. Among the men’s singles shuttlers, Kidambi Srikanth and Sameer Verma managed to hold on to their 10th and 13th spots in the latest rankings issued on Tuesday. B Sai Praneeth, who lost to World No. 1 Kento Momota in last week’s Japan Open semifinals, moved up four places to the 20th position. HS Prannoy (31st), Parupalli Kashyap (35th), Shubhankar Dey (41st), Sourabh and Verma (44th) all moved up the in the men’s singles chart.Among other Indians in men’s singles chart, Ajay Jayram is placed 67th while Lakshay Sen is at 69th spot. The men’s doubles pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty climbed up two places to 16th spot, while the combination of Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy is static at 25. Another Indian duo — MR Arjun and Ramachandran Shlok — jumped seven spots to 48.(With Inputs: PTI) Saina Nehwal crashes out of Thailand Open. Saina Nehwal is placed on eighth position in Badminton World’s rankings. PV Sindhu ranks fifth in World rankings. For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
“Those identified athletes will be further groomed through our regular camping programme we are planning for weekends and vacation period.”The Gymnastics Open Day involved students in Education District 3 that comprises secondary schools from Lagos Island, Eti-Osa, Ikoyi and its environs and District 4 that include schools from Surulere, Yaba, Somolu among others.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram About 300 students drawn from public secondary schools in Lagos State took part in the Gymnastics Open Day at the Mobolaji Johnson Sports Complex, Rowe Park, Yaba, last weekend.The training programme, facilitated by the Lagos State Sports Commission, was an opportunity for technical officers of Lagos State Gymnastics Association to expose the students to the rudiments of the game.Â During the two-day event, the participants were taught various gymnastics basics which include floor exercise, vaulting nut, balance bim, parallel bar, pummel horse and bouncing on the tarpaulin.Chief Coach of the association, John Abiodun Oyewuwo, said the beauty of the “Open Day” was that it was coming once again after 22 years a programme like this was held in Lagos. “The students were young and they responded to what we taught them.Â We have about 300 students.Â We were able to carefully select 107 who distinguished themselves. These 107 would form the bulk of young gymnasts that will be further groomed. Lagos State has the best equipment for gymnastics in Nigeria,Â and I’m happy that we are catching them young now,” Oyewuwo said.For the Chairman of Lagos State Sports Commission, Dr. Kweku Tandoh noted, “The Open Day was one of the talent identification platforms approved by the Governor of Lagos State, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, for us to develop schools sports and to introduce sports to all schools in the state. It’s stepping stone to groom future stars for the country. The plan is to make Lagos State a production ground for the grooming of young and talented athletes for Nigeria.