Top StoriesSC Dismisses Plea Challenging CLAT Being Conducted Via Online Mode [Read Order] Radhika Roy29 July 2020 12:12 AMShare This – xThe Supreme Court dismissed a petition which challenged the conduct of the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) via online mode, citing accessibility issues. A Bench headed by Justice L. Nageswara Rao heard the matter and dismissed the same. Advocate Mitul Jain submitted to the Bench that the move to not have any specific centres to conduct CLAT, would effectively not allow students…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginThe Supreme Court dismissed a petition which challenged the conduct of the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) via online mode, citing accessibility issues. A Bench headed by Justice L. Nageswara Rao heard the matter and dismissed the same. Advocate Mitul Jain submitted to the Bench that the move to not have any specific centres to conduct CLAT, would effectively not allow students who do not have access to a computer system to sit for the admission test. To this submission, Justice Rao asked the Counsel about why he was concerned with this particular issue, as the Court had seen many different kinds of complaints regarding CLAT over the years. The Counsel responded that some students had come to him for guidance. In response, Justice Rao stated, “Oh, so you run a coaching centre.” Accordingly, the plea was dismissed. CLAT 2020 is scheduled to be held on August 22, 2020. The last date for application was July 10. The decision had been taken by the Executive Committee of the Consortium of National Law Universities, after reviewing the impact of the lockdowns and other restrictions arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic. It was stated that the examination would be held through a “computer-based, online, centre-based” test. The notification issued by the Committee intimating the same states, “an off-line test, as initially contemplated, would require large scale movement of students to limited centres, and significant logistics in the handling of question papers and answer scripts, which is not possible during the prevalent pandemic conditions. Further, an on-line test at home with technological measures cannot ensure transparency, fairness and integrity of a high stakes examination process or maintain equitable access to necessary facilities. Hence, the EC concluded that an on-line test at a large number of centres compliant with physical distancing and public health safety prescriptions is in the best interests of the health and safety of candidates and test administrators.”Click Here To Download Order[Read Order] Subscribe to LiveLaw, enjoy Ad free version and other unlimited features, just INR 599 Click here to Subscribe. All payment options available.loading….Next Story
By News Highland – October 24, 2020 Previous articleKerry v Donegal LIVE on HighlandNext articleMinister McConalogue says full ViraPro products review is underway News Highland Facebook Facebook Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Google+ DL Debate – 24/05/21 Pinterest AudioHomepage BannerNews Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Derry draw with Pats: Higgins & Thomson Reaction The Dail has been told that Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo, and other counties on the Western Seaboard will need targeted supports from government for as long as the current Covid restrictions last.Deputy Marian Harkin told TDs last night that a Central Bank report has found a reliance on SMEs means employment was most affected in those counties, and that trend is repeating itself in the current Level 5 scenario.Deputy Harkin says the government must pay close attention to the report’s findings:Audio Playerhttps://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/harkinsat.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Google+ FT Report: Derry City 2 St Pats 2 News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Twitter WhatsApp Donegal and surrounding counties will need Government supports, Dail told
Public sector best for childcare helpOn 22 Feb 2000 in Personnel Today • Only a minority of employers offer subsidised childcare to staff.A survey by Industrial Relations Services shows that, in general, provisionis better in the public sector than the private sector.As well as those listed, other employers offering help to staff include theBBC, which has subsidised places and an advice service for staff with childcareneeds.Education watchdog Ofsted pays 50 per cent of childcare costs while lotteryoperator Camelot provides a childcare hotline to help staff make arrangements.www.irseclipse.co.uk Related posts:No related photos. Comments are closed. Previous Article Next Article
MOSCOW, Russia (Reuters) – Russia will do a good job hosting European Championship soccer matches next year, UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said yesterday, days after a WADA committee recommended the country be banned from hosting major events.Ceferin was speaking to Russian President Vladimir Putin during a visit to the country and praised the way Russia organised last year’s World Cup.“The World Cup was organised perfectly,” Ceferin told Putin, referring to the month-long tournament.“It was organised perfectly and I’m sure you are capable of organising top events.”The World Anti-Doping Agency’s Compliance Review Committee said on Monday that Russia should not be allowed to host or bid for any major sporting event.The WADA recommendations are part of a sanctions package to punish Moscow for having provided the agency with doctored laboratory data.WADA’s executive committee will rule on the recommendations, which also include a four-year ban from the Olympics, on December 9 in Paris.WADA officials have said Russia’s hosting of four Euro 2020 matches, including a quarter-final, as well as the Champions League final in 2021, would not be affected by the recommendations.The recommendations include having the signatories of the World Anti-Doping Code withdraw Russia’s right to host their events for a four-year period and re-assign them to another country “unless it is legally or practically impossible to do so”.UEFA, European soccer’s governing soccer, is not a signatory of the World Anti-Doping Code. But the organisation is a continental confederation under FIFA, the global soccer body, which has signed the code.
By Rawle Toney LENNOX ‘Too Sharp’ Allen’s April 11 clash with Cuban David Morrell Jr, for the World Boxing Association (WBA) Super Middleweight title at the Minneapolis Armory, is still on schedule.The 35-year-old Allen told Chronicle Sport yesterday that preparations are ongoing for the clash, despite the domino-like effect in cancellation of sporting events because of the rapid spread of the coronavirus.Allen pointed out that he has since spoken to the promoters of the event, who said that all plans are on stream and they will be taking the necessary precautions needed to ensure the health safety of the fighters and patrons at the Minneapolis Armory. In the meantime, Allen revealed, “it’s training and home for me,” as the fighter noted that he’s doing all that’s told to him by his team to stay safe and focus on the fight, especially since he’s based in New York, where it was declared a state of emergency, amid state-wide ban on all large gatherings, following their hit of the COVID-19 virus. Allen is the country’s highest ranked/rated fighter on the international scenes, vaunts a perfect ring-record of 22 wins, 14 of which came by way of TKO, as well as one draw from his 23 outings.His latest win, a unanimous-decision victory over Derrick Webster, saw him claim the WBA’s gold title at the Super Middleweight division last year.“I know that Morrell sees me as a step in his career, but that’s exactly how I see him as well. I’ve worked hard to get one step away from the top and I’m planning on taking that step in this fight,” Allen said.“We both have good technical skills, but I think I’m going to have to be the one to press the fight and take it to him. I’m thankful to have this opportunity to fight on FOX and after my performance I’m looking forward to fighting on this stage a lot more,” he added.Morrell Jr is the WBA’s No. 3-ranked Super Middleweight contender. A native of Cuba now fighting out of Minneapolis, Morrell recently joined the pro ranks after winning 130 of 132 amateur bouts.Morrell turned pro last August with a blowout win over Yendris Rodriguez Valdez at the Armory. He recently signed a long-term contract with Warriors Boxing of South Florida and Russia-based Ural Promotions.The Allen/Morell fight will be on the same card as the Jamal ‘Shango’ James (26-1, 12 KOs) versus Thomas Dulorme (25-3-1, 16 KOs) bout for the WBA Welterweight title. The bouts will be the headline events for a Premier Boxing Champions card on FOX.