Don’t know about you, but we get strange feelings about this video…very strange feelings.And if that doesn’t do anything for you, check out the sequel below.Michael Joseph McCarthy, stop it!(Yeah that’s right Mick, you stir that tea…)
Month: December 2019
Zlatan Ibrahimovic with David Beckham 1 Former Manchester United and England favourite David Beckham wants Zlatan Ibrahimovic to join his MLS franchise in Florida.Ibrahimovic’s contract at Paris Saint-Germain expires in the summer and he is reportedly planning to leave the club to take on a new challenge.According to French newspaper L’Equipe, Beckham is hoping to convince his former AC Milan and PSG team-mate Ibrahimovic to join him Stateside.The ex-England captain is in the process of forming a new MLS club in Miami and wants the Swede to be the first big-name player on their books.And Ibrahimovic, who has helped PSG secure three successive Ligue 1 titles, could be keen on the move having recently expressed a desire to play in the US
1 Tottenham could do with another striker to help Harry Kane, says boss Mauricio Pochettino Mauricio Pochettino admits Tottenham could do with buying another out-and-out striker in the January transfer window to help Harry Kane.Spurs failed to land a centre forward in the summer, despite making a series of bids for Saido Berahino, leaving Kane to shoulder the burden almost single-handedly so far.Kane has played in all of Tottenham’s 20 fixtures this season and started every game but two, coming off the bench in Europa League matches against Qarabag and Anderlecht.Pochettino has previously argued that Son Heung-min, Clinton Njie, Nacer Chadli and even Erik Lamela could step in up front but all those players are more comfortable playing wide as attacking midfielders.Kane’s excellent form and unwavering fitness have made light of Tottenham’s vulnerability but Pochettino admits it is an area the club may look at again.“We have offensive players who can play like Harry. There is Sonny or Chadli or Clinton – they can play like a striker,” Pochettino said.“But maybe it’s true. I recognise they are not a specific striker so maybe we work to try to find such a player we can add in the next transfer window or in the summer to try to help the team.“We are trying to follow players now, but it is very difficult. What is most important is that we do not rock the balance of the team. It is important we find someone who is very specific.“For me, always you want to find a striker that scores a lot of goals and who has good physical condition, good characteristics, can press, work hard and is a nice guy too.”Berahino was Tottenham’s number one target at the end of the summer but they failed to agree a fee with West Brom, who repeatedly made public their frustration regarding Spurs’ bids.Pochettino may get to see Berahino up close on Saturday, when his side face West Brom at the Hawthorns, but the Argentine played down suggestions the forward may raise his game.“You never know because it is impossible to be in that player’s mind,” Pochettino added.“West Brom have a lot of good players. You can’t be more worried about some players because of rumours or what happened in the summer.”
1 Ryan Giggs is being linked with the Swansea City manager’s and Man United fans are happy with the news.Swansea are on the lookout for a new manager after they sacked Garry Monk, and the Old Trafford icon is thought to be one of their targets.The United assistant is expected to replace current boss Louis van Gaal in the future, so some experience elsewhere could be vital.Giggs is thought to be fighting with David Moyes and Brendan Rodgers for the job.Here is what some United fans are saying about the news: Ryan Giggs has been linked with the Man United manager’s job
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREChargers go winless in AFC West with season-ending loss in Kansas City PARIS – The roar of Paris rush hour died down, giving way to eerie quiet. With traffic halted, jurors in a British inquest ventured by foot into a dark underpass and came to a halt before the scarred, dented pillar where Princess Diana’s Mercedes crashed 10 years ago. The 11 jurors retraced Diana’s final moments Monday, collecting memories to help them piece together how she and her boyfriend Dodi Fayed died on Aug. 31, 1997. Lord Justice Scott Baker, heading the inquest, asked jurors to absorb the sights: the back door of the Ritz Hotel, where Diana and her lover slipped away for their final ride; the flow of traffic on the Place de la Concorde; the slope and twist of the Pont de l’Alma underpass, where their speeding car slammed into a concrete pillar. The inquest is to determine when, where and how Diana and Fayed were killed. It is expected to last no more than six months.
LOS ANGELES – State authorities investigating circumstances surrounding the overdose death of Anna Nicole Smith raided six locations Friday, including the offices and residences of two doctors. California Attorney General Jerry Brown declined to say what charges could be filed but said the probe involved the “prescribing and dispensing practices of several California licensed doctors and pharmacies.” Search warrants were served, and there were no arrests, he told a news conference. He added, “You don’t go to a judge and get a search warrant for somebody’s home unless you think some rather serious crime has been committed.” Brown said he launched the investigation on March 30 after he learned that the drugs involved in Smith’s Feb. 8 death were prescribed by California physicians and came from California pharmacies. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.Smith, a former Playboy Playmate, died of an accidental overdose of drugs, including a powerful sleep aid, at a Florida hotel. She was 39. Brown said he did not know if the probe could lead to exhumation of Smith’s body, which is buried in the Bahamas. Brown said investigators had learned “quite a lot” from Bahamian authorities, but he declined to elaborate on grounds that it might jeopardize the investigation. “We do know from the public record that there’s someone who’s dead and her body, upon investigation, is full of controlled substances and combinations of drugs that turned out to be illegal,” Brown said. Searches were carried out in Los Angeles and Orange counties “related to doctors who provided medical treatment or prescribed drugs for Anna Nicole Smith or her associates,” he said. Los Angeles County district attorney’s spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said a total of six locations were searched, including the homes and offices of two doctors, but she would not name the physicians. Ellyn Garafalo, a lawyer for Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, who prescribed methadone to Smith shortly before she died, confirmed the doctor’s home and offices were among those raided but declined to comment further. Several people close to the model have fallen under suspicion since her death, including her psychiatrist, Dr. Khristine Eroshevich. Agents from the California Department of Justice answered the door at Eroshevich’s offices Friday morning, but declined to say why they were there. They said the doctor was not in and provided a phone number for the department’s office of public information, which had no immediate comment. The attorney general said agents have so far reviewed more than 100,000 computer images and files, analyzed patient profiles and pharmacy logs and interviewed witnesses throughout the country and abroad. At the time of Smith’s death, more than 600 pills, including 450 muscle relaxants, were missing from prescriptions that were no more than five weeks old, according to the documents obtained by The Associated Press through a public records request. Asked if the probe would expand to include the death of Smith’s son, Brown said: “We’re not setting any limits on this investigation.” Daniel Smith, 20, died less than five months before his mother. Authorities have blamed his death on a combination of drugs including methadone and antidepressants. The Medical Board of California said in April it was investigating Eroshevich, who, according to documents, authorized all 11 prescription medications found in Anna Nicole Smith’s hotel room the day she died. Eroshevich had traveled with Smith to Florida. A call to Eroshevich’s attorney, Gary Lincenberg, was not immediately returned. However, he told KNBC-TV that the investigation only concerned whether Eroshevich’s prescriptions followed state law regarding controlled substances. “This has nothing to do with whether or not Dr. Eroshevich in any way contributed to Anna Nicole Smith’s death,” Lincenberg said. California’s medical board also opened an inquiry to determine if there was any misconduct by Kapoor, who reportedly prescribed methadone to Smith. Methadone is a popular narcotic painkiller that is used as part of drug addiction detoxification and maintenance programs. Methadone overdoses can cause shallow breathing and dangerous changes in heartbeat. A lawyer for Howard K. Stern, Smith’s attorney and companion, has said she took the sleeping aid to cope with grief over the death of her son. Stern’s Los Angeles attorney, James T. Neavitt, did not immediately return calls Friday. Smith gave birth to daughter Dannielynn in September 2006, a few days before Daniel Smith died. Stern initially claimed to be Dannielynn’s father, but Smith’s ex-boyfriend Larry Birkhead eventually showed he was the father and is now raising the child. The baby could inherit millions from the estate of Smith’s late husband, Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II. A judge has appointed Birkhead guardian of the estate. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
He served as superintendent from 1981 to 1996, when he retired and was noted in U.S. Congressional records for his 45 years of service to the district. He was also recognized with a PTA Honorary Service Award for his efforts in Whittier. During time as a principal, he met Jeanette Croghan, a student teacher who had returned to college after raising her children. At the age of 41, Croghan began teaching in 1973, but was concerned that she would not find work because of a glut of teachers at the time. Croghan said Avery became a mentor to her and helped her find a job when she needed one. “I really have Neal Avery to thank that I got that job at all when I graduated,” Croghan said. “He was like a friend of the family.” Avery’s son, Michael, said his father was dedicated to his family. “He was just a loving, caring father and husband to my mom, and he was very proud of his career and his friends, living in Whittier for so long,” Michael Avery said. “He was a good sportsman and a gentleman.” Michael Avery, 50, said both of his parents were committed to learning. His mother, Nedine, was a kindergarten teacher in neighboring La Habra. “The fact that both my parents were in education helped us kids,” he said. Whittier City School Board member Mac McFarland said he expects that many in the community will remember Avery because of his investment in local children. “Neal was just a fine, warmhearted man, even though he had an occasional gruff exterior,” McFarland said. “He dedicated his working life to children and to public education.” Avery is survived by his wife and two children, Michael Avery and Janeal Williams, 47, as well as by three grandchildren – Jonathan, Joseph and Katherine. His cause of death has not been determined, but Michael Avery said the family believes he died of natural causes. Services have not yet been arranged, but Michael Avery said they would be private. email@example.com (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3029160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! The former superintendent for the Whittier City School District, Neal J. Avery, died Saturday at his home in La Habra. He was 84. Avery was superintendent for 16 years before his retirement in 1997. He began his career as a teacher in the late 1950s. He and his wife, Nedine, also a teacher, devoted their working lives to local schools in La Habra and Whittier. Co-workers said Avery’s focus was on the children whose education he oversaw. “Whenever he would visit a classroom, you could see it in his face that all of the sudden, he was more cheerful and he was more lighthearted,” said Bob Mazzeo, director of business projects for the district. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.Mazzeo, 59, said he knew Avery since 1969, when he came to the area as a teacher. Avery was already principal at another school in the district. Mazzeo became a principal himself in 1980 and when Avery was promoted to superintendent in July of 1981, Mazzeo said he was happy to work under him. “He was very respectful of my professional judgment,” Mazzeo said. “And he hardly ever took a day off.” Before his service in education, Avery served his country – in the Army during World War II in the Philippines. Later, he settled in the house he would live in the rest of his life, and began work as a teacher in the Whittier area in 1951. Avery went on to be principal at George Washington Elementary in 1956, then principal of two schools simultaneously in 1959: Hoover Elementary and Lincoln Elementary.
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.Cambria told reporters surgery is reserved for those with more than 70 percent blockage, and Kennedy had “a very high-grade blockage.” He refused to be more specific. BOSTON (AP) – Sen. Edward M. Kennedy underwent surgery Friday to repair a partially blocked artery in his neck, which was discovered during an examination of a decades-old back injury. Kennedy, 75, underwent the hourlong procedure on his left carotid artery – a major supplier of blood to the neck and head – at Massachusetts General Hospital, his office announced. The operation, performed by Dr. Richard Cambria, the hospital’s chief of vascular surgery, was completed without complications, and the Massachusetts Democrat was expected to be released in several days, his Washington office said in a statement. A carotid endarterectomy, the formal name for the operation, is performed on more than 180,000 people a year to prevent a stroke. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
The number signing on the live register in Donegal fell by 658 in December – a 3% drop on November.There were 21,054 people on the dole in the county last month.The fall in the numbers was spread throughout the county with 176 fewer people signing on last month. Dole figures in Inishowen fell 1.8%, Finn Valley fell by 3.6%, Killybegs fell by 5.6% and Dungloe by 2.8%.There were 74 fewer people on the live register in Ballyshannon and 42 people signed off in Dunfanaghy.DONEGAL UNEMPLOYMENT FIGURES FALL was last modified: January 8th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Dele Alli has excelled for Spurs this season 1 Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli capped a brilliant breakthrough Premier League season by winning the PFA Young Player of the Year award on Sunday.The 20-year-old, who was also named in the PFA Team of the Year, was recognised after registering ten goals and 12 assists in his debut top flight campaign.He held off competition from team-mate Harry Kane, Stoke goalkeeper Jack Butland, Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho and Everton duo Romelu Lukaku and Ross Barkley.Alli was unable to collect the award in person at the Grosvenor Hotel in London on Sunday night, with Spurs hosting West Brom on Monday, but Ossie Ardiles collected the prize on his behalf and the youngster sent a video message.“Thank you Ossie, the Tottenham legend for receiving this award for me,” Alli said.“Sorry I can’t be there tonight but we have a big game tomorrow. Thank you for to everyone who voted for me.“I feel honoured to win such a prestigious award and thank you to my friends, family and all the staff at Tottenham.”Alli, who won the Football League Young Player of the Year 12 months ago, joined Tottenham from MK Dons in 2015 and was expected to be used sparingly in his first season at White Hart Lane.Mauricio Pochettino, however, decided Alli was ready to be a first-team regular and the youngster has more than justified his manager’s faith, playing a leading role in Spurs’ surprise title challenge.Perhaps his finest moment of the campaign came with his goal of the season contender against Crystal Palace in January, when he cushioned the ball on his knee, flicked it over his head and volleyed home from outside the penalty area.Alli’s athleticism, creativity and goals have also won the admiration of Roy Hodgson, who handed him his England debut against Estonia in October.He now has six caps and on the fourth of those against France he scored his first international goal, firing past team-mate Hugo Lloris at Wembley.Hodgson predicted last month Alli could be England’s new Bryan Robson, while Sir Alex Ferguson has said he is the most gifted young midfielder since Paul Gascoigne.Pochettino pulled his players out of the PFA Awards ceremony as Tottenham look to beat West Brom and cut the gap to leaders Leicester to five points again.The Foxes thrashed Swansea 4-0 on Sunday to strengthen their position at the top of the table.